- Robin Roberts has breast cancer
- An TV producer depressed after being let go for drug abuse fell off a building and died
- A Pittsburg anchor who'd been depressed is off the air
- Tom Snyder died
- Four chopper pilots and photographers died in a crashed covering a chase
- A few more news people died and retired
and the GOOD news:
- Another chopper came down but all 3 survived
Fun? Not. A coworker said: "People used to complain that the news was depressing. Now the news ABOUT the news is depressing."
I've got to wonder if we've fallen in a rut and don't know HOW to report good news --
or is the business really that bad?