Wednesday, August 20, 2008

CRAZY TRAFFIC!

Welcome to my first official "on the go" blog! I'm riding through South Carolina headed home from a family trip. We sat on the interstate for about an hour due to a really bad tractor trailor accident - one of three we saw in just a few miles. It got me thinking about how much time we spend on the road.

My commute's about an hour a day driving, almost two if I use public transit (which I actually prefer). It's always interesting when I visit friends in small towns, where 20 minutes is considered a REALLY long commute! I envy all the extra family time they have, getting off work at 5 and being home by 515.

I was recently in Atlanta, and for all I've heard about the horrible traffic there, we got from downtown to everywhere we wanted to go in under 30 minutes - much less in some cases. I guess it's all a matter of perspective.

No comments: