Friday, September 08, 2006

AHA! (AND SOME FRIDAY MOMMY NEWS)

Aha! T. has a sour side too! I'm not the only one.

I'm glad to know an empty milk carton can send my colleague into a tailspin! It makes me like her even more.

Then again, maybe I'm just rubbing off on her.

In case you're wondering, I was able to carry that renewed perspective from yesterday over into today. I've got a bit more verve in my step as a result. I even offered to pick up lattes from Starbucks for my coworkers. The grumpy me doesn't like to pick up food for other people.

But enough about me and my out-of-the-mommy-closet-anti-June-Cleaver-colleague, and on to Friday Mommy News:

Those squeezably soft toddlers don't always outgrow their pudginess. New research finds that a majority of kids above their ideal weight from age 2 through their preschool years are still overweight at age 12.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14678069/

And here's one I missed while on vacation last week, but interesting because I was a having a conversation about this just recently --- CVS is apparently not any more dangerous to the fetus than amnio. Pregnant women are usually counseled that CVS carries more risk of miscarriage than amnio, but this study found the miscarriage rate for both procedures to be about the same.

This is important news for expectant mothers who want or need to have prenatal testing before the 2nd trimester, because CVS can be done six weeks earlier than amnio.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14593105/

And finally, a note to our small arsenal of guinea pigs/readers: Please start spreading the word about us!

We're having a great time sharing our thoughts with you and love hearing your responses. A lot of you have been shy about commenting on the blog but have called and e-mailed us about how our experiences have made you laugh, or how you can relate. You've bolstered us to the point where we've become greedy and want more readers and more feedback.

So, please let your fellow mom friends know about us. And please continue to read in.

Thank you.

(I feel like I'm signing off from the evening news here! "You stay classy, San Diego...")

V.

No comments: