Friday, September 22, 2006

OH THOSE KIDS!

It was the trifecta of bad kid news this week:

"We're having problems with Andrew not listening in class," the preschool teacher said.

"Anna's being bossy and a tattletale!" said four after-care friends who cornered me on the playground. The teacher agreed. This was a day after her kindergarten teacher called home to report behavior problems.

Then there's my 18-year-old Jessica, who put icing on the cake by forgetting to take all the trash out and clean the kitchen -- AGAIN!

Immediately I took it all personally: "I'm raising a house full of monsters! Maybe that dad with the stay-at-home wife was right and my kids are turning out all wrong because I'm working." (See V's Wednesday post.)

As usual, it wasn't as dramatic as it seemed. I enlisted hubby's help, and with some surprise visits to school, Andrew's "listening" is improving. Anna now plays alone on the playground, but has had no more discipline problems. I'm sure the friends will come back around.

And Jessica apologized profusely for ruining my day. Last night, the kitchen was spotless. (I think Dad's threat of 30 days with no TV had something to do with it.)

What a difference a day makes.

T

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL

Love that husband don't ya.

YW