Friday, September 08, 2006

CLEAN UP!

At the risk of blowing my reputation as the "optimistic one" -- I must vent for a moment. I'm sure all working women can identify.

This morning, I went around the house in a frustrated rampage posting notes like "don't leave milk cartons on top of the trash -- put them in the recycling bin RIGHT BEHIND YOU!" I mean, how many times do I have to pick up, clean up or beg before they get the point? It must be deliberate. The family has conspired to make my life miserable.

Great - now I'm paranoid.

At some point I think "good" mothers accept the fact that maid service is an inevitable part of the job. I'm just not there yet -- I'm still fighting it. My brain is on overload trying to remember everyone's appointments and assignments, while keeping the house in decent order. June Cleaver I am not.

My latest line to the family is: "you'll miss me when I'm gone." But will they? Of course. But, too, won't everyone be happier without me constantly needling them to do this or that? Or maybe in my absence they'd keep the house spic and span... in my honor.

Wish I could live to see it.

T

1 comment:

JanaM said...

I have to say that I have been reading your blogs since you started and have really enjoyed them. I sometimes feel like you are in my mind and know my very thoughts and experiences. I guess it just goes to show you that a mom is a mom, no matter what else you do and we all travel down some similar roads. With the first week of school OVER my husband back in town and all four kids are accounted for, I can now take a deep breath! I am always the optimist, but like you, am proud to say I am not June Cleaver, haven't felt very positive this week and yes I do feel like someone conspired to make the week miserable. I did get through the rainy first day, the endless papers to sign, one back to shcool night and AAA at my driveway at 10pm to let me into my van with all my belongings! My mood did get my kids motivated to help out more, though! Thank you for reiterating that it isn't just me!
JM