Saturday, September 30, 2006

HERCULES IS NUTS

What's with these sudden, wierd bursts of energy? Is it hormones... mental... or just a hazard of being female?

I came home Friday and decided I just couldn't stand the look of my living/dining room anymore. The dining room had too much furniture for a small space, and the living room was just the opposite. I'd toyed with the idea of switching them (how unconventional!), and to my 18-year-old's chagrin, Friday was the day!

So the two of us undertook the Herculean task of moving a sofa, chairs, tables and accessories between rooms while my preschoolers looked on in awe. I can imagine they were thinking: "Has Mommy gone mad?" But I'm not completely nuts -- I didn't move the piano. (I'd done that once before, solo -- bad idea!)

It actually didn't take that long, and when we were done, I liked it! My Mom came in right as we finished and laughed. "You're just like me," she said. My husband came home later and just shook his head. But I was smiling.

If you've ever had a sudden burst of energy like that, please comment and share your story so my family won't think I've lost it.

Big, strong T :)

4 comments:

Meg said...

Hi- I found you through BlogHer and am enjoying poking around. I wanted to talk to you about contributing to a community Mom blog. I'm not selling anything, promise! If you're interested in hearing about the project drop me a line at hatchew at hotmail dot com.
Hope to hear from you,
Meg

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I get to be Big and Strong too, but with help, just like you. Uncle Archie has now become "Mr. Fix it" around the house, so while he's using hammer and nail, I'm re-deocrating.

I can remember, though, right before National Convention time, your mom coming over for a visit. (Note: we had just moved in). As she does, she jumped right in and helped me re-decorate the living room and dining room in a very short while. This included moving a VERY VERY large breakfront that we had just purchased from my aunt's garage sale. Had it not been for your mom, I don't know what I would've done because Uncle Archie was on his way to bed. My delegates were expected to come in the very next day and the house was a total mess.

Thanks be to God for moms and hubby's. They always come through for you.

So "Peanut" you're not crazy, you just like change, and "change is good"

YW

Granny said...

It's ancient history now but every time I've had one of those sudden bursts it was an indication of:

a. I was pregnant

b. I was about to go into labor.

Nesting?

Anonymous said...

Oh Lord, Granny - I HOPE not! My hands are FULL!